Our program involves the use of preschool learning activities to teach children social skills. The curriculum is tailored to meet the needs of each individual child. Certified ABA therapists will provide one on one emotional learning programs through a preschool model filled with learning games and activities.
Intensive ABA Therapy for Early Learners
Using concepts of Applied Behavior Analysis and the Georgia Early Learning and Development Standards, our day program supports children who may not be ready to attend a traditional preschool setting due to behavioral concerns. By providing more support and research based individual programs, children are able to excel.
Functional Communication: children will focus on using communication functionally, no matter their developmental level.
- 1:1 Ratio: During group sessions and individual programming, children will have one therapist dedicated to their success.
- Social Emotional Learning: Teaching self-awareness, self-management, relationship skills, social awareness, and responsible decision making are core components to learning success.
- Sustained Engagement: Children with autism typically display low levels of engagement, particularly in their social world, which limits their opportunities for learning. Targeting engagement is vital to supporting learning.
- ABA: The significant portion of your child’s program will be one on one learning with a therapist using a plan developed by your BCBA. This program will be based on a formal assessment supplemented with caregivers’ input. There will be a combination of natural and structured learning opportunities. The details and proportions will depend on each child’s individual needs.
- Group activities: It is important to take skills that are learned in individual programs and apply them in less restrictive environments. We use scheduled group activities to allow learners to use these skills with peers in small group settings.
- Speech, Occupational, and Physical Therapy: Children in need of ABA are often involved in other disciplines, such as speech, OT, and PT. We will collaborate with your child’s other therapists to incorporate their knowledge and increase consistency across therapists.
- Structured Schedule:
Our half day program will provide engaging activities from 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM Monday through Friday. Our therapists will teach the children how to transition from activity to activity throughout our structured day. We will use preferred activities and positive reinforcement to create an encouraging learning environment for non-preferred activities.
Joy at Home
Our program is a learning environment not only for children, but also for parents. We look forward to partnering with you in your child’s development by providing a strong bridge to the home component of our program, which includes, but is not limited to:
- An expectation of parent involvement as a member of the treatment team.
- Home visits by the BCBA for home support and training.
- An open line of communication to your child’s treatment team.
- Initial evaluation and quarterly reports to monitor your child’s progress.